The Nickerson Family prides itself in providing a family-friendly community for all of its guests; where parents can relax comfortably, while their children enjoy the playgrounds, and explore the nature around them.
To maintain a pleasant environment here at Nickerson Park, we ask that all guests and visitors adhere to the following ground rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable camping experience:
- All guests and visitors must register at the main office upon arrival, and receive a car pass that should be hung in the front window during their stay.
- Campers registering must be at least 21 years old.
- One family allowed per site: A family is two adults and their children under age 21 y/o.
- Check-In and Check-Out Time is 3:00 PM. Please Call Ahead to see if your site is available for early Check-In. Early arrivals will be charged standard day-rate of $6/Person.
- Ct State law requires that all visitors register at the lodge upon arrival.
- Visitors must park their vehicles in the main parking lot at the lodge.
- Visitor fees apply to anyone over 3 years old:
- All campers are expected to be quiet and considerate between 10 PM and 8 AM.
- Children ages 3-12 should be at their own sites by 10 PM unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Teens should be on their own sites by 11 PM.
- Outdoor/Tent Radios and TVs should be turned off by 11pm out of consideration for nearby guests.
- Bicycles are not to be ridden after dark.
Profanity in any form is prohibited.
Alcohol and Elicit Substances:
- Responsible alcohol consumption is permitted on camp sites.
- Open containers are not permitted outside of camp sites.
- Use of elicit or illegal substances is not permitted on the premises.
- Management reserves the right to terminate tenancy of guests for behavior deemed objectionable.
- Nickerson Park is a Pet-Friend Campground, and allows 2 pets per site.
- Owners must have all Rabies Certifications for pets entering the campground.
- Pets must be on leash at all times.
- Dogs should not be left unattended at any time.
- Children at not to walk dogs without a responsible adult.
- Owners must clean up after their pets immediately.
- Barking dogs will not be tolerated.
- Campground speed limit is 5 mph and strictly enforced for children’s safety.
- Guest vehicles should display car passes whenever on the grounds.
- Driving or Parking on surface other than the roads or parking lots, such as the lawns, is strictly prohibited.
Fires and Firewood:
- Due to the threat of invasive species, the State of Connecticut mandates that NO OUTSIDE FIREWOOD MAY BE BROUGHT ONTO THE PREMISES.
- Fire allows inside of provided rings only, and Fire Rings are not to be moved.
- Fires must not be left unattended for any reason.
Firework and Firearm use is prohibited, as is the use of Bows and Arrows.
Cleanliness and Trash:
- Site cleanliness is expected at all times.
- Dumpsters are provided for trash only.
- Chemicals, auto parts, or any large items are not allowed in or around the dumpsters.
- Use of Nails, Hangers, Fasteners, Ropes, or Other Objects affixed to trees is strictly prohibited, and will be removed by management.
- No storage sheds or porches allowed without prior permission from management.
- Storage shed maximum footprint- 5’x6′.
- Approved decks should be constructed in sections not larger than 4’x8′ sections. No railings permitted.
- No washing or repairing automobiles or recreational equipment allowed.
As Nickerson Park is a private campground, the management of Nickerson Park Family Campground reserves the right to terminate the tenancy of any camper or visitor without notice.